Sunday, December 12, 2010

How Sweet and Unexpected

We have been planning on putting our Christmas tree up for a few weeks, but just did it tonight. Norm is at work (he was supposed to set it up and we'd decorate) but the kids wanted to put the tree up tonight. So I tild them to clean the living room... and they did. I said we had to vacuum..so Lilli did. I said I didn't feel like dragging the box for the tree out...so they did it. And so we put it up and went through and got enough lights working. We put up the ornaments we had hooks for. We just put up whatever was out here in the one Christmas box, but it turned out pretty well.

So then we do the grand lighting and...they get up on a stool and sing "We Wish You A Merry Christmas" and then "Jingle Bells". First of all, I have never taught them a carol, any carol that I can remember, so I didn't know they knew  "We Wish You A Merry Christmas" . Also they sang the real version of jingle bells, not the "batman smells " version.

I wish I had a video camera to record them swaying and singing together out of the blue.

1 comment:

hailey said...

Hi, Great information! Would you please consider sharing my link to your readers? Please email me back at haileyxhailey gmail.com.

Thanks!
Hailey