Wednesday, April 7, 2010

No more Rainbow

Yesterday I pretty much quit my job at Rainbow (a clothing store). There is absolutely nothing wrong with them as far as I am concerned. I got the job because we needed a little extra income and they needed someone they could depend on. My previous neighbor had seen me rush out to go to work at my previous job to cover a shift or fill in or pick up slack on a  busy night and was impressed. So when she needed someone and I needed a flexible part-time job we met each others needs. Now Normand has a new job and since his schedule comes out 2 days before it starts it is hard for me to work around. (my schedules are 2 weeks in advance and he can't adjust his to mine). So its just easier for me and for my soon-to-be-previous boss if we don't have to guess at my availability. I will work 3 more shifts I think. There was the option of me just getting a shift every 2 weeks just to keep me active with my discount and as an emergency fill in, but that still keeps me in rotation for Sundays. Sunday is the hardest day for me to get childcare, so I decided to just cut all ties. But I am leaving on good terms so I can still shop there if I choose.

So now I have to get another job, fulller time and regular daylight weekday hours. That way I can utilize extended day and daycare programs. Sage is getting better about going to babysitters although he insists that he's not a baby, they are just "watching" him. There is a medical research place here in Ocala that I have never applied to and there is some openings at the hospital near by for a phlebotomist. I am going to shoot for those first. In my spare time, I guess I have time to go back to college to prepare for medical school if I so desire.

Rock on Jobless Ones

1 comment:

Kasey Strong said...

You are quitting? That's exciting. And great that you won't be leaving on bad terms. Did you know Brittany Mccullough? She just visited her younger sisters who live out here so we hung out the other night, but one of her sisters is a phlebotomist out here! I bet you could be too! Want me to talk to her???